Online- Safety for pupils
Safety Tips for Kids
Here are some Safety Tips to help kids online. Talk about these tips with your family.
You might have one or two of your own to add!
- Don't give out information about yourself like your last name, your phone number, where you live, or where you go to school - without asking your parents first.
- Never e-mail a picture of yourself to strangers.
- If somebody says something to you, sends you something, or you see something that makes you uncomfortable, don't look around or explore; get your parents instead - they know what to do.
- Making plans to meet your Internet buddies in real life is usually a really bad idea - how people are in real life can be very different from how they are online.
- Don't open up e-mails, files, or web pages that you get from people you don't really know or trust.
- Don't ever give out your password, except to responsible adults in your family.
- Always follow your family's rules for the Internet - they're there to make sure you have fun and stay safe online.
- Don't ever do anything that could cost your family money unless your parents are there to help you do it.
CEOP: THE INTERNET POLICE ARE HERE TO HELP
Worried about something that has happened while you have been online and need help, talk to your parents first, then click on the button below and you can share your concerns safely. The button can be found on the homepage and looks like this!
If you want to know more about being safe on line then click the Think U Know logo below.
Or for more help click on Kid Smart/Childnet below